Wednesday, August 3, 2011

TAX AUDIT UPDATE WEBINAR SET FOR 8/17

Mounting pressure on annual budgets has caused many tax authorities to rethink what they’re auditing and how they’re conducting those audits. These changes have resulted in headaches for business and individual taxpayers alike.


On Wednesday, August 17 from noon to 1 p.m., my colleague, Tom Donovan, CPA, will host a free, informative Webinar designed to shed light on the latest changes in tax audits, as well as income and sales tax matters. The session qualifies for CPE credit.


“Tax audits come in a variety of sizes and colors,” said Tom, who represents many of our clients undergoing State or Federal tax audits. “This interactive Webinar will allow participants to ask questions and get answers to some of the things that may be keeping them up at night.”


Some of the types of questions he plans to discuss include:


  • What can we do to be better prepared in case one of those “letters” arrives in the mail?
  • I live and work in New York and travel to Georgia and California on a regular basis to meet with some customers. To which states do I owe income tax?
  • What’s the statute of limitations for both me and my tax return?
  • My neighbor did not pay sales tax when he put that new roof on his house, but Lowes charged me sales tax when I bought shingles for my house! What’s up with that?
  • It seems that we’re being audited for something every year. Are we being targeted or singled out?


PC-based attendees are required to have: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server, while Macintosh®-based attendees need Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer.


Space is limited, so reserve your seat now by going to: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/492862154


After registering you'll receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.


For more information, drop me a line at kpo@marvincpa.com.

1 comment:

  1. This looks interesting....I'll sign up today.

    ReplyDelete